GPS Coordinates: Lat -39.2454, Lon 175.5530
For night rates - refer bookings page
The Ruapehu Lodge, aka The Whakapapa or Top Lodge, is located approx. 1800m above sea level near the top of the National Downhill Chairlift on the west side of the Whakapapa Ski Field. Please note where it is located on this Whakapapa Ski Field Map before booking if you are unfamiliar with the location.
Meals Included: Breakfast and Dinner (winter only)
The opening dates of this lodge are snow dependant but it is typically open from mid-August until mid-October each year. While the vista is stunning due to the location of the lodge it is not recommended for children under 8 years or non-skiers/boarders - this is a ski-in / ski-out lodge.
The Lodge has a large lounge with a fireplace and comfortable couches and a
separate games rooms with a pool table, table tennis, Freeview TV and PS2.
The Kitchen is well equipped.
There are 10 bedrooms accommodating a maximum of 36 people. Most bedrooms have a double bed and a single.
To make the club experience more pleasant for everyone, we ask that everyone does at least one chore before you leave from the chore sheet.
Other features of the National Park Lodge include:
- Ski in – ski out accommodation with breath-taking views
- Ski workshop area and large drying room
- Lockers for storage
- Freeview TV
- Washing Machine
- 6 min walk to the West Ridge Chairlift
How to get there:
- Take the Centennial Chair, the Waterfall Chair and then the Waterfall T bar, ski across and down to the lodge. If the visibility is bad near the bottom of the West Ridge Quad go to the top of the National Double chair and follow that down to the lodge.
- Walk the "Home Run" from Top O the Bruce, this will take approx. 40 minutes. Use a backpack and ensure you have proper ski or tramping boots for this walk. It is not well marked so ensure you take a map and let someone know you are leaving before setting off.
Use our GEAR CHECKLIST to make sure you don't forget anything important!
Ruapehu Lodge Google Map
View Larger Map
Last Updated: 4 August 2016